This past weekend, my lovely chum Lanny & I flew out to Istanbul for a long overdue escape from kids, work and general shenanigans!! Of course, I could do a jolly sensible travellers blog about the visit but instead, I thought it would be more fun to do some top tens. So here they are!
Things we learnt about Istanbul…..
- It’s hilly.
- The cab drivers are lunatics.
- The shopkeepers are “persistent”.
- All the women appear to have disappeared.
- Vegetarians live on a diet of cheese & aubergines.
- Wine is ridiculously expensive.
- They have prayer calls over very loud speakers at 530am.
- There are a LOT of cats.
- They sell pomegranate juice. Gallons of the stuff.
- They’re due a major earthquake……
Things I learnt about Lanny…..
- She’s slightly dyslexic – Lanny: “Oh look, we’re in the Faith district!” Lorna: “No Lanny, It’s Fatih” Lanny: “Oh yes…..”
- She’s paranoid about dying under…
View original post 186 more words